Explorations in the Theory and Practice 
of Massage Therapy and Bodywork 

Web www.thebodyworker.com

Home ] Massage Practice Builder ] Buy Books ] Business ] Marketing ] Building Your Web Presence ] Insurance Billing ] Ethics ] Pathology ] Deep Tissue ] Aromatherapy Massage ] Swedish Massage ] Pregnancy Massage ] Hydrotherapy ] Professional Associations ] Laws and Regulations ] History of Massage ] Triggerpoint Therapy ] Sports Massage ] Psychology ] Mentoring ] Self Care ] Supervision ] Peer Groups ] Massage Techniques ] Anatomy and Kinesiology ] Meridians ] Clinical Massage ] Finding  Massage Therapists ] Site Search ] Site Map ] Purchase Manuals ] About this Site ] Free Newsletter ] Contact ]

Get Engaged! Participate in your profession!
 Bulletin Board     Newsletter      Blog   


The Insurance Billing Manual for Massage Therapists

The Complete Online Guide to 
Billing Insurance Companies 
for Massage Therapists.

More and More massage therapists are able to bill insurance companies for massage therapy services.  In all states, massage therapists are able to bill insurance companies for motor vehicle accidents and Labor and Industries or Workman's compensation claims.  WA and FL massage therapists are able to become contracted providers with major medical providers such as Blue Shield and Blue Cross.   While this is a mixed blessing and filled with many ethical and legal issues, it is important to know how to work with these companies.

Each insurance company in each state, city, county and town, have various procedures that need to be followed in order to get paid.  Each person and situation is different and may require different procedures. There is no way that one person could know all the things you need to know to get paid.  There are some common procedures like using a HCFA 1500 form to submit the bill. Other than that, each massage therapist needs to understand the insurance industry terms so that they can know just what to ask each client, insurance company, physician and lawyer in order to get paid.  

  • What you need to know about Motor Vehicle Accidents 

  • What you need to know about Labor & Industries/Workmans compensation

  • How to Fill Out a HCFA form

  • What CPT codes to use

  • How to get the ICD-9 code and what do they mean (list of common ICD-9 codes)

  • What questions do you need to ask all parties involved

  • What to do if you don't get paid

All of these questions are answered in the Insurance Billing Manual that is available for only $21.95.  It is an 57 page, Ebook which means you download it directly to your computer and save it in your files.  It is an adobe Acrobat file but you can get Adobe Acrobat for free if you don't already have it.

You can view the Introduction to the Insurance Billing Manual  (PDF file) for free!

Please go to the Purchasing Page Now or if you have any questions you can contact me and I will usually get back to you within 24 hours.


Thanks!  Happy Billing! 

Home ] CPT & ICD-9 Codes ] Medical Massage ] SOAP Notes ] Forms for Billing Insurance Companies ] What should SOAP charts say? ] Issues and Ethics of Billing ] Functional Outcomes ] Personal Injury Claims ] Basic Billing Procedures ] [ Purchase Insurance Billing Manual ]












© 1999-2005 www.thebodyworker.com (copyright info and disclaimer)Link Exchange
Visit my other sites: www.themassage-directory.com  www.massagetherapycareers.com       www.massagepracticebuilder.com

About Me                Contact Me